Interested in becoming a volunteer at the Texas Music Museum?
The Texas Music Museum collects and preserves artifacts, documents and reference material surrounding the diverse traditions of Texas music, and utilizes these collections in the presentation of exhibits, educational programs, and performances. We have been in operation for 34 years, and are an all-volunteer nonprofit organization.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Greet guests and provide tours
- Update artists biographical material
- Create QR codes for individual artist’s displays
- Assist in production of exhibits
- Assist in archive preservation
- Maintain database
- Assist as an usher at Museum festivals and events
- Assist with Social Media Marketing
- Assist with day to day operation of the Museum and its programs
- Experienced volunteers can use their communication skills and knowledge to enrich music appreciation in others
- New volunteers will gain skills and experiences that can contribute to their professional development and resume!
- If you are interested in music, music education, and/or historical preservation, this can also be an enriching and fun experience for you!
- Training will be provided, as well as written documentation of your participation.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org about your interest in becoming a Texas Music Museum Volunteer! Time commitment and hours are flexible, and some work can be completed at home.
We look forward to hearing from you!